Stacie Lewis’ experience raising hell…
... erm, raising a little girl with severe brain damage. The blog began in 2009 when May was 4 1/2 months old.
Currently, May enjoys bouncing and the dulcet tones of dub step.
Click on May's photo here to link to her best bits, including videos!
Email her or her mama at: email@example.com
WANT MAIL FROM MAMA?
May in the news!
- March 19, 2011 // 56 Comments
- June 21, 2013 // 45 Comments
- November 25, 2011 // 37 Comments
- November 14, 2009 // 36 Comments
- July 18, 2012 // 28 Comments
- November 6, 2012 // 27 Comments
- April 16, 2014 // 1 Comment
- April 15, 2014 // 1 Comment
- April 7, 2014 // 5 Comments
- March 31, 2014 // 3 Comments
- March 30, 2014 // 2 Comments
- By Aunt Carrie, April 16, 2014
- By Ellen Lewis, April 16, 2014
- By Mama Lewis, April 8, 2014
- By Madgew, April 8, 2014
- By Zvon, April 8, 2014
Don’t understand a term?Click here: TO SEE MY GLOSSARY!
Posts about May on BabyCenter!
A bit of praise but is it art? CP Info Dealing with Doctors Fun with May Giveaway Hip surgery Hot Air Ieuan Kids all access... London Leukemia Life with a CP Baby Lycra (Supergirl) Suit May vs The Hospital May's History Medical Records Music Not special needs. More like NEED IT. Nursery Physio Potty Training Preschool Seizures Sleep So-called experts Success! This week I'm... Transportation Visual Impairment
The manner in which they published it has really pleased me. I was concerned that the title or photo would showcase the misery of our situation.
I imagined a photo of us, our faces bent forward under the weight of our tragic lives, beneath a title reading something like, “The Ever-Suffering Life of the Brain-Damaged Baby” or “Pity This Poor Brain-Damaged Baby.”
Having re-read those gems, it’s probably a good thing I’m not a sub-editor for The Guardian.
Instead, the editor and photographer picked up on the positivity of the piece, and reflected the love and admiration I have for my amazing daughter.
I’m one proud Mama today.
Photo accompanying the article: Martin Goodwin, 2009