Stacie Lewis’ experience raising hell…
... erm, raising a little girl with severe brain damage. The blog began in 2009 when May was 4 1/2 months old.
Currently, May enjoys bouncing and the dulcet tones of dub step.
Click on May's photo here to link to her best bits, including videos!
Email her or her mama at: email@example.com
WANT MAIL FROM MAMA?
May in the news!
- March 19, 2011 // 56 Comments
- June 21, 2013 // 45 Comments
- November 25, 2011 // 37 Comments
- November 14, 2009 // 36 Comments
- July 18, 2012 // 28 Comments
- November 6, 2012 // 27 Comments
- March 10, 2014 // 3 Comments
- March 6, 2014 // 0 Comments
- March 3, 2014 // 2 Comments
- February 28, 2014 // 4 Comments
- February 25, 2014 // 8 Comments
- By Madgew, March 10, 2014
- By Mama Lewis, March 10, 2014
- By C Smith, March 10, 2014
- By Susan Bell, March 10, 2014
- By Mama Lewis, March 6, 2014
Don’t understand a term?Click here: TO SEE MY GLOSSARY!
Posts about May on BabyCenter!
A bit of praise but is it art? CP Info Dealing with Doctors Fun with May Giveaway Hip surgery Hot Air Ieuan Kids all access... London Leukemia Life with a CP Baby Lycra (Supergirl) Suit May vs The Hospital May's History Medical Records Music Not special needs. More like NEED IT. Nursery Physio Potty Training Preschool Seizures Sleep So-called experts Success! This week I'm... Transportation Visual Impairment
I have Leukemia
I found out on Friday. I had no idea. I thought I was a bit run down. Possibilities: thyroid problems, early menopause, plain exhaustion. I have a daughter with severe disabilities in case you hadn’t heard.
I could try to describe my thoughts but it would be a mesh of absolute panic and total denial with a bit of delirium thrown in. On Monday, while I got my bone marrow biopsy (all you need to know is: long needle into bone) I visualized that scene in Total Recall where Arnold Schwarzenegger pulled that metal sensor out of his nose. He screamed. I sang Igglepiggle’s theme song. That makes me officially stronger than the Terminator.
Like I said panic + denial + delirium.
Anyway, thought you should know.
I start chemo today and I can’t wait.