My personal blog about my disabled daughter has been a platform to campaign for disabled children and their mothers.
You can read some examples of my work on the Press page. From this little special needs blog, I have:
- convinced Sainsbury’s to stock disabled trolleys for children in all their stores nationwide;
- been invited to Parliament several times to speak as a representative of parents of disabled children and the chronically ill;
- worked with Contact a Family and other charities to convince the government to increase funding and access for children with disabilities in nurseries;
- worked with Macmillan Cancer Support to highlight issues to government regarding cuts to benefits;
- worked with Leonard Cheshire Charity to draw attention to the crisis in housing for disabled people including television appearances;
- been invited to speak to early years educators at conferences and to councils across the country regarding special needs education.
I’m proud of what I’ve achieved and, as such, I’ve set up my own writing consultancy to further this work and help other people achieve similar success.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form below for more information: