Sorry? May is what??? ((Gasp. Choke. Cough.)) Five?
Yes, it’s happened. And this year my birthday cupcake making ended in disaster. Who knew Thomas the Tank Engine cupcakes (my choice clearly) have both cupcake mix AND frosting mix in the box. And, that they can’t be interchanged.
NOTE TO SELF: Don’t open a bakery.
As with previous birthday posts, let the celebrations begin!
May, when you were born, here is what the doctors definitely knew you would be able to do:
Now at FIVE years old you can:
- Bash your monkey toy and play independently with it, setting off buttons etc. for 20 minutes at a time.
- Listen intently and be delighted by bedtime stories. It’s not just music you can remember but lines from books too!
- Chew food like smoked salmon and scrambled egg (she is starting to chomp down now rather than just suck).
- Eat a lot more and a lot faster.
- Mainly cry because you are bored, which is a major improvement from the alternative and shows you want stimulation
- Dance to your favorite song. (You will never guess what it is! Check out the video to hear for yourself.)
- Hold your head in midline comfortably, dropping it with far less frequency. (Again, see the video!)
And now, for that famous video. This is pure delight for us. After all, when peeing and breathing are all you are meant to accomplish, dancing is pretty extraordinary.
And here May is dancing today on her fifth birthday:
The song in the background is “You’re a big girl now” by Bob Dylan. In the video, May is using the Kidwalk walker by Leckey. It’s the same equipment that allowed her to take her first steps.
Want to see how May has progressed? Read her previous birthday posts: