Stacie Lewis’ experience raising hell…
... erm, raising a little girl with severe brain damage. The blog began in 2009 when May was 4 1/2 months old.
Currently, May enjoys bouncing and the dulcet tones of dub step.
Click on May's photo here to link to her best bits, including videos!
Email her or her mama at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT MAIL FROM MAMA?
May in the news!
- March 19, 2011 // 56 Comments
- June 21, 2013 // 45 Comments
- November 25, 2011 // 37 Comments
- November 14, 2009 // 36 Comments
- July 18, 2012 // 28 Comments
- November 6, 2012 // 27 Comments
- March 6, 2014 // 0 Comments
- March 3, 2014 // 2 Comments
- February 28, 2014 // 4 Comments
- February 25, 2014 // 8 Comments
- February 17, 2014 // 2 Comments
- By Mama Lewis, March 6, 2014
- By Zvon, March 6, 2014
- By Rv, March 4, 2014
- By Mama Lewis, March 4, 2014
- By Claire Stockton, March 4, 2014
Don’t understand a term?Click here: TO SEE MY GLOSSARY!
Posts about May on BabyCenter!
A bit of praise but is it art? CP Info Dealing with Doctors Fun with May Giveaway Hip surgery Hot Air Ieuan Kids all access... London Leukemia Life with a CP Baby Lycra (Supergirl) Suit May vs The Hospital May's History Medical Records Music Not special needs. More like NEED IT. Nursery Physio Potty Training Preschool Seizures Sleep So-called experts Success! This week I'm... Transportation Visual Impairment
Don’t insult the half-brained baby!
For those of you that think there is never anything amusing to be found in the most dire of situations, you’ve come to the wrong blog.
May is delightful. She has endless rolls of chub. She burps like a frat boy. She is an absolute maniac when it comes to bouncing. I skyped my mother last night and she could barely see her granddaughter. She was a blur. Like Superman at full speed.
She also has a disturbing ginger tint to her fuzzy scalp. “Her greatest disability,” my husband called it. It was our first joke about May.
I am not noble enough, not rational enough, not level-headed enough to face this situation with the due respect it deserves 24-hours a day. If I manage to complete a day and look back on it with a smile, it is a triumphant one indeed. Seriously.